Getting Your Dry Eye Evaluated with our Eye Doctor in Kailua-Kona
Here at Wally Kojima, O.D. and Associates, our eye doctor in Kailua-Kona, Dr. Wally Kojima can diagnose the causes of your dry eyes and recommend a course of treatment to help alleviate your dry eye symptoms.
Common Causes of Dry Eye
- Certain Health Conditions – If you have diabetes, an autoimmune disorder, Sjogren's syndrome or thyroid disease, you may develop dry eye symptoms.
- Certain Medications – Allergy medications, decongestants, certain anti-depressants and medications for high blood pressure can cause the symptoms of dry eye.
- Environmental Conditions – If you work outside in windy or dusty conditions or inside in front of an air vent, you could experience dry eye symptoms.
- Eyelid and Cornea Inflammation – Blepharitis, inflammation of the eyelids, and keratitis, inflammation of the cornea can cause dry eye symptoms.
- Functional Problems – If your eyelids do not close all the way, especially when you sleep, you may develop dry eye symptoms.
- The Natural Aging Process – Dry eye symptoms can develop as you age. This is especially true for women who are in or past menopause.
Dry Eye Treatment with Our Kailua-Kona Optometrist
Dry Eye Treatment with Our Kailua-Kona Optometrist can diagnose the severity of your dry eye along with any potential causes in order to help you find the best possible treatment.
If our eye doctor thinks an underlying condition is causing your dry eyes, he may recommend that you speak with your family doctor about your medication choices and health.
Eye Drops, Ointments, and Medications
Eye drops and ointments are often very effective at alleviating the symptoms of dry eye. The eye drops are used during the day as you need them. The ointments are used at night to help keep your eyes hydrated and lubricated while you sleep. If you have inflammation in your eyelids or cornea, certain other medications may help you.
Call Our Optometrist in Kailua-Kona Today!
To get your dry eyes evaluated, call us for an appointment today at 808-331-8081. Our optometrist in Kailua-Kona looks forward to meeting with you!
How has dry eye treatment with our eye doctor helped you?